Hey lovelies! Did you get a chance to see The Great Gatsby movie? Well, I did… and it was simply SPECTACULAR!!! And, unless you’ve been away studying glacial shifts off the coast of Greenland the past few months, you’re well aware of the buzz surrounding this fabulous film. I absolutely LOVE Gatsby!!! After all, it has everything that we go to the movies for… There’s plenty of suspense, a bit of drama, some laughter, a whole lot of passion, and love, love, love. There’s even a few high speed car chases for those who desire a little action. 😀 Oh, and don’t get me started on that fabulous 20’s era fashion throughout the movie…Gasp & Faint!!! All that style and pizzazz…It would be very difficult for any fashionista not to become a little wide-eyed with all of that glitz and glam sashaying across the big screen. Of course, there’s Gatsby’s leading lady Daisy Buchanan who is the definition of deco decadence with her gorgeous gowns, sparkling jewels, and fabulous flapper fashion. I simply can’t get enough of this film! From the gorgeous landscapes to the fashion, there’s just so much to love about Gatsby. So in honor of The Great Gatsby and the fabulous fashion of the Roaring 20’s, here are a few era-inspired pieces to jazz up your wardrobe.
1. With its embellished scallop pattern and vintage look, this Sue Wong Strapless Gown (Bloomingdale’s $808.00) just screams of swank and style.
2. These stunning Jeona Spectator Peep-Toe Booties (Ralph Lauren $695.00 SALE $419.00) are the perfect pair to wear for a night of jitterbugging at Gatsby’s mansion.
3. Sultry and destined to turn a few heads, these B Brian Atwood ‘Cassiane’ Sandals (Nordstrom $425.00) will add the right amount of sass to any ensemble.
4. This classic Ziegfeld Collection Pearl Ring (Tiffany $475.00) features gleaming freshwater cultured pearls set around a bold black onyx inset. #droolalert
5. A definite conversation-starter, this adorable rhinestone encrusted Jeweled Owl Minaudiere Clutch (Macy’s $270.00 SALE $201.99) flaunts a palm-perfect shape that’s sized right for all your out-all-night essentials.
6. Inspired by roaring 20’s art deco, this Rachel Zoe Deco Crystal Cuff (Neiman Marcus $495.00) makes the perfect accessory for the woman who’s looking to make a spirited, yet sophisticated, style statement.
7. Truly wearable art, this Birds of a Feather Scarf (Henri Bendel $128.00) will have onlookers gawking at your fabulous sense of style.
So shimmy-on-down to the shops at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza to find these and many more Gatsby-inspired gems. And while you’re inside Phipps be sure to catch the Great Gatsby now playing at AMC Phipps Plaza.
Oh, and if Jay Gatsby is ever longing to win your heart, tell him that diamonds are a girl’s best friend… Then, send him to Tiffany’s for one of these Great Gasping beauties!!!
A word of caution: Before you click this LINK or even this LINK to see the above gems from Tiffany’s Great Gatsby Collection, make sure you’re sitting down and/or near something VERY soft to cushion the fall. You’ve been warned… 😉